Synchronise the clock on Google Authenticator
On some Android devices the clock will become out of sync with the Google time servers, and the one-time generated pin will always be incorrect when entered into Cape Crypto, or any other app.
To resolved this problem, perform a manual time sync on your device:
- Open the Google Authenticator app on your Android device, tap the three dot menu button on the top right-hand corner and select "Settings"
- Click on "Time correction for code"
- Click on "Sync now" to synchronise the time codes
Tips and tricks when your 2FA is not working
- If you have synced your Google Authenticator app time and it is still not working, try to restart your device and then reopen the application
- Completely remove and then re-install the Google Authenticator app
- Lastly submit a request and we will help you troubleshoot
Have more questions? Submit a request